My Gospel Band


iTunes get music on

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beauty Q & A

Can you give me a few tips to remove black heads and white heads? Can you also tell me how can I get rid of dark circles under my eyes? How can I acquire a fair and clear complexion? How can one make the lips soft and pink? Can we use pudina juice to remove marks on the face?
Spandana Jyotika
A facial scrub will help you deal with black heads and prevent white heads. You can buy a facial scrub for oily skin. The scrub will also help remove dead skin cells and make the skin clear and bright. Use it daily, after cleansing your face in the morning. Pudina juice may not help get rid of the marks. If the marks are dark in colour, you can mix one teaspoon lemon juice with half-teaspoon rose water and apply daily.
Wash off after 20 minutes. The scrub may also be used on the marks. For dark circles, apply cucumber juice around the eyes daily and wash off after 15 minutes with plain water. Have a nutritious diet and adequate sleep.
A lip balm would help soften the skin on the lips. You can apply cream of milk (malai) or almond oil daily on the lips at night, leaving it on overnight.
I am in my twenties and have a few strands of grey hair. I applied henna, which made them brown and looks odd. Is there a way to make them black? I would prefer natural treatments.
Lakshmi
There is no natural way of colouring white hair, black. Henna would give a reddish brown colour, but if there are a few white hairs, they would blend easily with the black hair. Amla is said to check greying.
You can have the juice of one raw amla after adding it to a glass of water. You can also try adding amla to henna powder.
Soak a handful of dry amla in about 2 to 3 cups of water overnight. Next morning, strain the water, but do not throw it away. Grind the amla. To the henna powder, add the ground amla, 4 teaspoons each of lemon juice and coffee decoction, 2 raw eggs and enough amla water, so that the henna mixes into a thick paste.
Apply this on your hair completely. Keep it on for two hours and wash off with water. When you oil your hair, add one teaspoon castor oil to one tablespoon pure coconut oil. Apply at night and keep it on overnight.
To get rid of dandruff, you had suggested applying warm coconut oil before shampooing. But how do I prevent it from recurring? When I go out, due to sweat and dust I get dandruff. Also my hair is dry and has started greying. Any remedies? I have an oily skin. I have consulted doctors, who prescribe shampoos that give me a burning sensation.
Jothiram S
You have missed out on the most important part of the hot oil treatment for dandruff. Apply the oil at night and leave on overnight. Next morning, apply the juice of a lemon and wash your hair after half-an-hour.
Applying lemon is important because it helps to restore the normal acid-alkaline balance of the scalp. If you do this twice a week, you should see the difference.
The main thing is regularity. You will not see the difference in one day. In fact, you should wash your hair daily with a mild shampoo and use half-teaspoon shampoo.
Dilute in a little water before applying, in order to help the shampoo spread better. Daily washing will remove dust and sweat secretions. Rinse well with water after you apply shampoo. Add the juice of a lemon to a mug of water and use it as a last rinse, which means do not wash the hair with water after the lemon rinse. Your hair becomes dry, but your scalp must be oily.
The dandruff flakes, sweat and oil secretions block the pores of the scalp and this interferes with the normal distribution of oil, resulting in dry and dull hair. If possible, apply a herbal hair tonic.
Perhaps, your local chemist or cosmetic store may be able to suggest a good hair tonic. Avoid using harsh shampoos. They not only disturb the normal balance, but also stimulate the scalp further, resulting in more flakes. Include fresh fruits, salads, sprouts and curd in your daily diet. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
I am 23. I have suffering from acne for the last three months. I have tried everything, from sandalwood paste to vitamin E supplements, but to no avail. I am currently on medication for pimples. I have a combination skin but the problem is I have acne on the driest areas of my skin. Everyday a new pimple appears. I am very worried. Please help.
Shereen
You should wash your face with a medicated soap only twice a day. Mix lemon juice with rose water in equal quantities and apply on the pimple prone areas. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
You can mix cinnamon power with a little lemon juice and apply it only on the pimples. Leave on overnight.
Once a day, apply curd on the face and wash off after 20 minutes. Add the juice of a lemon and half teaspoon honey to a glass of water and have it first thing in the morning.
Include fresh fruits, raw salads, sprouts and curd in your daily diet.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger