My Gospel Band


iTunes get music on

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Commitment

The president of a very big organization was well known in many countries. In the world's eyes, he had it all: fame and a guaranteed job for life.His wife of many years, however, had become so ill that she required constant attention.

Advice came freely. "Put her in a nursing home ... Hire a live-in nurse ... Put your work first." But this gracious man of God refused this kind of advice. Being financially able, he made the decision to resign to take care of his wife himself.After he resigned, he was asked over and over, "Why did you give up such a wonderful opportunity to travel all over the world and become rich?" "Give up a wonderful opportunity?

You do not understand. God has sent a wonderful opportunity my way. I count it a privilege that I am the best person on the face of the earth to minister to my wife. She needs me... and I need her. Other men can take over the organization, but only I can take care of her."This man's act of responsibility did more in one day to show commitment than a shelf full of "how-to -do" books could ever have done.Yes, today we are missing love and commitment between husband and wife, parents and children.

Friend, is your wife and children your highest priority ? or your business and money??

Learn to love them and take care of them especially when they need you most.
REMEMBER! money can not substitute father or husband. Let us practice what we read and lead others.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger